Thursday, December 2, 2010

Songs that make me cry...

I first heard this song at Woman's conference in Utah, probably about 10-12 years ago. Although I can be a very emotional person, sharing my feeling about being adopted has never really been an overly emotional subject. So, I was totally taken back by the very strong feelings that this song brought out in me. Michael McLean wrote this song and although he doesn't have the best singing voice in the world he sure knows how to write very touching and meaningful lyrics.
I have never met my birth mother and most likely won't in this life by choice, but I am, and will always be, very grateful to her for the sacrifice that she made by giving me up and sending me to my family. Someday when life's complications are over and our Savior and loving Father in heaven have sorted everything out, I hope to have a chance to thank her and tell her that I love her for being such a strong woman and providing me with an incredible opportunity to be part of an eternal family.
I don't listen to this song very often but when I do it gets me every time!
So, here it is...

3 comments:

Krista said...

WHEW! Oh dear Karen. That one got me. Wow, what beautiful lyrics! I love that perspective, it's one that many tend to skew and see as irresponsible and unloving. Thanks for sharing! I love this challenge you're doing, such great topics!

Ortensia Norton said...

I love this song. Love it. I've never looked at the song from your perspective though. That adds a whole new meaning.

Tinkerbeth said...

Karen, I don't know how else to contact you, so I'm here on your blog. You left a comment to win on Becky's Blog, and you didn't put where you live. Thought you might want to go back and add that, so you can win! Good Luck! (I only noticed, because you were right above me!